UPDATED - SUGGESTED PRE-READINGS FROM THE FOLLOWING LECTURER (as of July 24, 2015):
- To prepare for his lecture, please review his lecture notes here and attempt some of the exercises at the end of Section 1.6.3 (pp. 22-25)
- "Topological phases and quasiparticle braiding," http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/magazine/physicstoday/article/65/7/...
Xie Chen, Zheng-Cheng Gu, Zheng-Xin Liu, Xiao-Gang Wen, "Symmetry protected topological orders in interacting bosonic systems," arXiv:1301.0861
Xiao-Gang Wen, "Construction of bosonic symmetry-protected-trivial states and their topological invariants via G×SO(∞) non-linear σ-models," arXiv:1410.8477
SUGGESTED PRE-READINGS FROM THE FOLLOWING LECTURER (as of July 16, 2015):
1. Hasan and Kane, Colloquium: Topological Insulators, Rev. Mod. Phys. 82, 3045 (2010).
2. “Topological Band Theory and the Z2 Invariant,” C. L. Kane. Chapter 1 of “Topological insulators” edited by M. Franz and L. Molenkamp, Elsevier, 2013.
SUGGESTED PRE-READINGS FROM THE FOLLOWING LECTURER (as of June 22, 2015):
1. Spin ice as a system with classical topological order
2. Topological order in Floquet systems.
Section 2 of http://arxiv.org/abs/1407.4803
SUGGESTED PRE-READINGS FROM THE FOLLOWING LECTURER (as of May 4, 2015):
1. The material for his lectures will be taken from his own on-line lecture notes: http://www.physics.rutgers.edu/~gmoore/ViennaLecturesF.pdf. The main goal will be to get to sections 2.5 and 2.6.
2. F.J. Dyson, “The Threefold Way. Algebraic Structure of Symmetry Groups and Ensembles in Quantum Mechanics,’ J. Math. Phys. 3, 1199 (1962)
3. A. Kitaev, “Periodic table for topological insulators and superconductors,” AIP Conf. Proc. 1134 (2009) 22-30; arXiv:0901.2686
4. M.R. Zirnbauer, “Symmetry Classes,” arXiv:1001.0722
SUGGESTED PRE-READINGS FROM THE FOLLOWING LECTURERS (as of April 22, 2015):
M. Zahid Hasan:
1. “Topological Insulators” M. Z. Hasan and C. L. Kane; Rev. Mod. Phys. 82, 3045 (2010) link: http://journals.aps.org/rmp/abstract/10.1103/RevModPhys.82.3045
2. “Three-Dimensional Topological Insulators” M. Z. Hasan and J. E. Moore; Ann. Rev. Cond. Mat. Phys. 2, 55 (2011) link: http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev-conmatphys-062910-140432
3. “Topological Insulators, Topological Dirac/Weyl Semimetals, Topological Crystalline Insulators and Topological Kondo Insulators” M. Z. Hasan, S.-Y. Xu, M. Neupane; Preprint at arXiv:1406.1040v2 (2014) link: http://arxiv.org/abs/1406.1040
If you are unable to access the papers using the above links, please visit http://physics.princeton.edu/zahidhasangroup/index.html to locate the papers.
1. M. Z. Hasan and C. L. Kane ``Topological Insulators'' arXiv:1002.3895
2. X.-L. Qi and Shou-Cheng Zhang ``Topological Insulators and Superconductors'' arXiv:1008.2026